Monday 20 January 2014

Half and Half

This weekend was a weekend of two halves…my half great and lots of fun, poor Mr O’s not so much.

He spent most of Saturday making boxes to house Baby O’s expanding collection of stuff (more on those another time) and then yesterday spent to whole day unblocking the kitchen sink, mending the broken toilet and fixing a leaking bath.  All instead of going to the gym or getting out on his bike.  What a legend!  It’s his birthday today so I’ll be sure to spoil him more than normal to show my appreciation of all things DIY he does around the flat.

My weekend was less DIY filled and more friend filled.  On Saturday morning I popped to the opticians to pick up my new specs.  I obviously dragged Mr O with me for a second opinion…I’m pretty happy with my choices, although it always takes me a little while to get used to a new look.  From the opticians I headed off the Barnes to meet a friend for a walk.  On our way out we stopped for bacon and egg sandwiches at Barnes Farmers Market…delicious.  If you’re in the area on a Saturday you should check it out.  Its every Saturday from 10-2 in the car park of the Essex House surgery.  From there we headed on to Giuliana for coffees and hot chocolates to keep us going as we walked around Barnes common.  It was such a beautiful morning and lovely to be outside making the most of it.  On the way home I did the decent thing and stopped in to The Ginger Pig to pick Mr O up a bacon and chilli sausage roll!

Sunday followed a fairly similar pattern, I got up early to get my jobs done and then headed off up the M4 to catch up with another friend.  The chosen meeting place was The Crown at Bray, a lovely little pub with roaring fires, that whilst owned by Heston Blumenthal isn’t too weird!  We caught up over roast beef and horseradish sandwiches which we opted for to ensure there was room for dessert.  Sticky toffee pudding for me.

All in all a lovely weekend…

Apologies for the lack of photos, I need to remember to take more, but with the arrival of my shiny new camera I no longer have an excuse not to get snapping!

New Camera & Specs And A Bit Of Weekend Reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You Might Also Like...