Friday, 30 May 2014

6 Weeks...

We're only a day late!!

This week has been a lot of fun…I feel like we're finding our groove.  Its also been filled with lots of good news for close friends…new babies, engagements and pregnancies.  So exciting!

This week has been filled with so many smiles, they are such genuine smiles that can light up a room and make every hour of missed sleep worth it.

We're slowly getting Max's reflux under control, he is currently on infant gaviscon which we are giving him six times a day in the middle of feeds.  It's a bit of a pain to administer, but once we ditched the syringe and swapped to a dropper we're doing much better…although Max is not impressed by his meal being interrupted half way through!  We've also been prescribed ranitidine which we are going to start him on this weekend.

Last weekend was a bank holiday weekend and all of my siblings came to see us at one point or another…on Saturday we headed into Fulham with my brother and sister-in-law where we tried out a sushi place Mr O had found.  Having not had sushi for about 10 months I found myself really craving it last week and the tiny Don2 tucked around the back of Fulham Broadway certainly fit the bill.

Sunday morning started with cuddles for Max from my sister before we were 'kicked' out of the flat by Mr O so that he could give it a really good clean.  There are worse things to be banished for!  So we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went for a walk and then headed to the park.

On our walk I was really taken by this gate, I'm not sure what it is about it…the colour, the weathered look or the contrast with the sky, but something about it made me stop and smile.  One day when I have a house I would like my side gate to be mint green and I hope it will make me stop and smile everyday…

With a smile on our faces and we headed back to our lovely spotless flat (Thanks Mr O) just in time for my other brother to head over for dinner.

We had planned a picnic in Virginia Water on Monday, but the rain had other ideas so we quickly changed the plans to a wet walk followed by dinner at The Wheatsheaf Pub next door.

I don't think any of us had realised just quite how hard it was raining!

I mentioned in my last post that I feel like we are slowly getting ourselves into a little routine, we've ben building on that this week.  Max is still going for about 3 hours between feeds and this week we have added in a regular bath time to try and start a bedtime routine.  Mr O baths Max at 7 when he gets in from work, while I cook dinner and attempt to tidy away the debris of the day.  After his bath Max falls asleep in his bouncer until his next feed at around 9ish.  After this I tend to head to bed while Mr O and Max hang out.

At first Max wasn't too sure about the bath, but he seems to really enjoy it now…although he is not a fan of getting out, he hates the cold, so we need to wrap him up in a towel quick!

One major achievement this week was getting Max to sleep in his crib!  He is still not managing the whole night in there, but he is going down in there and goes back in there after his first feed of the night, but we are still struggling to get him to settle after his second feed.  I think this may have something to do with his reflux…fingers crossed we'll see some improvement when we start the ratinidine.

Enough with all the pictures Mum!!

We love you more and more everyday Max ...

No comments:

Post a Comment


You Might Also Like...